Top Digital Marketing Courses in India 2020
Looking to build your digital marketing skills? The search ends here! In this article, we will explore the top digital marketing courses in India.
With the world going digital, it is not surprising to see the spike in interest to learn more about digital marketing. Smartphones and wi-fi are the most loved pair today!
According to Statista, in January 2020 alone, the active global mobile social media population was estimated to 3.76 billion. The internet offers a huge opportunity for brands to build a platform for themselves or steal the spotlight by using a social media platform. Advertisements spread like wildfire on the internet, faster than they do when viewed on television. But digital marketing is so much more than using social media tools.
Digital marketing refers to using the means available via the internet to sell a product and create brand awareness.
It is vital to understand the mechanism of how digital marketing works before adopting this strategy and executing it. The more you understand, the better it can be used to reap benefits. Today, companies are searching for digital marketers or people with this skill set to help build the image of the product or service and bring it to the forefront, sparking consumer interest, and gaining an audience.
There are numerous online digital marketing courses offered today in India and across the globe that give students, graduates, and professionals the ticket to get on the express train to new job prospects.
Today multiple agencies and universities offer courses in digital marketing due to the increase in demand to learn the skill. It is of the utmost importance that you pick courses that hold value. To help you avoid getting misled, we have compiled a list of courses offered internationally and in India. We have included below the benefits of doing the course and where you can find it, followed by fees charged.
This article will help answer questions like “where can I find digital marketing courses?”, “what are the benefits of doing a digital marketing course?” and the most commonly asked question, “where can I find digital marketing courses in India?
- Benefits of digital marketing courses:
- Topics covered in a digital marketing course
- How To Choose The Right Digital Marketing Course?
- Here is a list of the top digital marketing courses in India:
- Here is a list of the top digital marketing courses offered globally
- Fees For Digital Marketing Courses
- Eligibility To Study a Digital Marketing Course
- Bonus! Top 20 digital marketing courses:
Benefits of digital marketing courses:
- Understand before you start: People are usually of the assumption that if they have a social media profile and a decent number of followers, they know everything about digital marketing. They are wrong. There are multiple things that fall under digital marketing. A digital marketing course is an umbrella term that covers numerous topics such as e-mail marketing, social media marketing, search engine optimization, and more.
- Increased job opportunities: Digital marketing is not a trend, but a strategy here to stay. If you are invested in the marketing field, you should be familiar with how digital marketing works and affects the market today. Apart from that, completing a digital marketing course can also work in your favor irrespective of the field you are pursuing. Multiple job opportunities have opened in corporate, creative, and media industries.
- Short-term course: You can easily find a digital marketing course online with certification for a period of 6 weeks, 3 months, or even longer.
- Perks of certification: There are pros and cons to easily accessible online courses. Completing a course with certification that can be verified is extremely important in today apart from looking at it as an added bonus to your resume, it also shows your commitment to learning because certifications are often earned on completing paid courses only.
- Classroom and online digital marketing courses: Love to learn in class? Courses are available for students who prefer classroom training. But if you are always on-the-go and find it easier to pursue distance learning, you can opt for online classes.
Topics covered in a digital marketing course
When you decide to study a digital marketing course, the syllabus will include the following topics and possibly more. Some institutes also provide hands-on project learning and case studies.
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Email marketing
- Content marketing and strategy
- Blogging and web analytics
- Online advertising
- Social media marketing
- Mobile marketing
- Copywriting and editing
- Pay per click advertising (PPC)
How To Choose The Right Digital Marketing Course?
According to an article by India Post, companies are depending on digital marketing to increase their sales and leave an imprint on the customer’s mind. Institutes in India and across the globe have recognized the need for the course too which means making a choice can be tough.
The factors mentioned below play an important role while selecting a course :
- Value: Do thorough research. Read the ‘about us’ page. Learn more about the institute before choosing a course. Digital marketing courses can be high priced without the institute offering the course having any value in the market. Research is never a waste of time.
- Course structure: Is the course covering all the necessary topics? Topics might differ if you compare basic fundamentals and advanced courses.
- Reviews: Take time to read reviews on Google and the institute’s official website. Connect with students if you can to find out about their learning experience.
- Instructors: Read profiles of the instructors. Are they industry experts? Do they have relevant experience?
- Experience: Institutes display the number of batches trained on their web page. If you need more information, reach out to their help-desk and learn more. If interested, you can inquire about the placement rate with institutes that offer placement facilities.
- Certification: The debate about whether a certification matters more than experience or is a balance between both can go on forever. Certificates look good on a CV and provide theoretical knowledge that can help perform the job well.
Here is a list of the top digital marketing courses in India:
|Course offered by||Sneak peek||Online/Classroom|
|Simplilearn||Find foundational and advanced learning courses with certification||Online and Classroom learning|
|All India Management Association (AIMA)||Learn digital marketing and analytics||Online|
|EduKart||Find short-term courses and digital marketing courses for graduates||Classroom learning|
|Digital Scholar||Experience agency life with hands-on projects||Instructor-led Classroom learning|
|Digital Vidya||Close to 44 modules, hands-on projects, and case studies||Instructor-led and Classroom learning|
|upGrad||PG certification with coaching by industry mentors, case studies and live projects||Online|
|Manipal Pro Learn||Master digital marketing concepts, taught by industry experts||Online|
|EduPristine||They have a global presence and one of the leading institutes in India. Provides hands-on experience and knowledge about industry-suited tools||Classroom learning|
|Delhi School of Internet Marketing||Premier Google training partner.||Instructor-led learning in multiple cities|
|Talent Edge||University partners are IIM Jammu, XLRI Jamshedpur, and MICA. Learn from experienced professionals.||Online|
Here is a list of the top digital marketing courses offered globally
Free online certification course offered by Google for those interested in learning the fundamentals of digital marketing
Free sign up and access to courses from a range of leading institutes. Online and classroom learning
Find nearly 1200 free courses with certification on this learning platform
Check out Udemy for quick learning videos and short-term courses, priced well within a student-budget
LinkedIn now offers video-training courses with certification
Learn the fundamentals and how to apply them to business
Fees For Digital Marketing Courses
Online digital marketing courses are offered free of cost, but you might have to pay for the certification. Some courses offered, for instance by Google, provide free courses and certification. The classroom training and instructor-led courses that need you to be physically present at the learning center start from Rs.59,000 in India.
Eligibility To Study a Digital Marketing Course
A student, graduate, professional or beginner are all eligible to apply for this course. You can have an MBA or IT background too. You don’t necessarily need to have prior knowledge or be tech-savvy. It helps to have knowledge about the internet and basics about how it works. Yet, advanced courses and courses designed for professionals and graduates might require students to have experience in the field. It is important to understand the eligibility requirement as it might differ from one course to another.
Bonus! Top 20 digital marketing courses:
|Course offered by||Sneak peek||Online/Classroom|
|Reliablesoft Academy||It offers a bundle of seven courses and a step guide on how to build an online presence. Course content is updated regularly to stay relevant to the latest trends||Online|
|ClickMinded||Taught by industry-professionals. 14-day free trial and money-back guarantee. Suitable for working professionals||Online|
|Semrush Academy||Free registrations. Offers basic and advanced courses. Learn how to apply the concepts taught by experts||Online|
|Udacity||Access to the course also allows you a technical mentor and personal career coach.||Online|
|Digital Academy India||Project-based learning covers strategic learning and skill-building||On-demand in-company learning or instructor-led online learning|
|Learning Catalyst||The learner is assigned a mentor. 100% placement support.||Classroom learning|
|Indian School of Business Management (ISBM)||Earn a diploma in digital marketing. Imparts a thorough understanding of digital channels and platforms.||–|
|Henry Harvin Courses||100% placement support. Earn seven certifications from one course.||Classroom learning and online learning|
|Internet Marketing School||Back-up classes offered for those who miss learning sessions. Institute offers an online certification program, certification program, and premium program.||Instructor-led learning|
|IIM Skills||Three-months master course.||Online|
|Naresh Technologies||Along with syllabus, resume preparation guidance, mock interviews and more||–|
|School of Digital Marketing||Workshops by in-house experts||Classroom learning|
|Oxford Digital Marketing||Learn emerging technologies and market disruption||Online learning|
|Digital Academy 360||Awarded as best digital marketing institute in India||Classroom learning|
|Zee Institute of Creative Art||One course, four certifications. Placement support. Assignments and project-based learning||Classroom learning|
|Institute of Digital Marketing||Covers multiple topics important to digital marketing including Tik Tok||Online learning and classroom learning|
|India Today Media Institute||Offers a post-graduate program in digital marketing||Classroom learning|
|Calcutta Media Institute||Institute has a record for offering industry-relevant subjects||Classroom learning|
|Digital Marketing Institute||Master, pro, and expert courses offered. Global certification and university accredited certification.||Online|
|Facebook Blueprint||Learn from one of the largest social media giants.||Online|
Learn from courses offered by multiple partners
When you choose to study Digital Marketing, you choose to be creative and generate opportunities for yourself. You can freelance or work as a full-time professional. Every day, you will find yourself working on various projects with different people. With technology evolving, the internet is only growing and so is the traffic attracted to it. Completing a digital marketing course will improve your knowledge about how to navigate online to successfully gain an audience and keep it growing.
Entrepreneurs and corporates are turning the magnifying glass towards people with a digital marketing certification. Times of India states in an article posted on March 30th, 2020 that currently the digital marketing scene is such that the demand exceeds the supply. The market for job opportunities is only expected to grow. Grab your opportunity to learn and build your career.